Summer term sporting updates

Huge congratulations to the U9 football team who amazed again by winning the annual Crossbar Cup, amassing a huge amount of goals!  Miss Turner was incredibly proud of their achievements, and with at least two more years of being together at Oakmeadow, who knows what the future will hold? Surely the team can only get better.

Well done also to the girls football team who played on Wednesday, winning all three of their games.  It has been a great footballing week for our school!

Yesterday, two teams represented our school at the first day of the Schoolgames Summer Games in kwikcricket and dodgeball.  On a very sunny-but-windy day (I am glowing slighty today!), they were great ambassadors for Oakmeadow.  The dodgeball team finished the group in joint first, winning 11, drawing 1 and losing 3, and just missing out on the first-second playoff.  We entered the third-fourth playoff where we played Greenfields, and narrowly missed the bronze position losing the match two games to one.  I was incredibly proud with our conduct in both victory and defeat – demonstrating our sporting values throughout.  The cricketers finished third over all, in what for many was their first time representing the school in sport.

On a final note, I would just like to say how much I have enjoyed lacrosse club on a Friday.  The children who signed up did not even know what the sport was before, but they wanted to have a go, and the progress they have made in 5 sessions has been nothing short of amazing.  If only other primary schools played it, we would certainly give them a run for their money!

A happy Mr O – this is why I got into teaching 🙂

Enjoy the warm weather over the weekend.  Myself and Mrs Jones will be running the Shrewsbury half marathon in what is meant to be very hot conditions.  Hopefully we will make it back on Monday morning…

2 Responses so far »

1. Donna Tomkins said,

June 16, 2017 @ 6:45 pm     Reply

Congratulations to all teams and to the Teachers/TA’s for taking their time not only to train but to take kids to competitions giving them great opportunities. Good luck MR O and Mrs jones just remember lots of Water and Jelly Beans 😀😎 thanks Donna

2. Carla Whelan said,

June 16, 2017 @ 7:09 pm     Reply

Amazing achievements from all. Superb!

Make sure you keep hydrated Sunday- good luck both! You need to put me a training plan together for Sept… 😳😳

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words